Re: A sad farewell

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 7:41 PM Salz, Rich <rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The IETF has to have a standard input format for things that the authors intend to become RFC’s.  Are you arguing about that?  Or do you just not like that the official choice is XML with custom tags?

You’re not obligated to use that – there are converters that take MSWord, markdown, integrate with github actions, etc. You just have to get to XML so the IETF can work with it.

I periodically do documents that get published as RFCs and I'm not sure if I've submitted even one in XML. Actually I think there was one case some time ago where I was making minor changes to a document that was already in XML. I and a number of other people just submit text documents in the form of internet-drafts, produced by nroff or whatever. Works fine without any need on my part to "get to XML".

Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx