Re: A sad farewell

> unless you believe it should all move to github anyway and our "bespoke tools" really don't matter that much.

There has been enormous progress in the last decade in the area of collaborative tools for document creation and review.

While github isn't THE answer, the "bespoke tools" developed to support legacy workflows really DON'T matter that much.
Google Docs, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, Acrobat, git.ietf.org might all be options.

Right now, IETF is in the unenviable position of imposing a serious tax of attention for people who don't care about text formats to make a contribution.
It's a bad filter of ideas to only allow those who can deal with XML in whichever is the version du jour.  The expeeriment in file format chage has taken too long and the world has moved on.