Re: [Last-Call] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-11.txt

Rafa

Another separate thought. The references you have for algorithms are to both IANA and RFC. It seems to me that the IANA pages will be more up-to-date and can be updated by Expert Review which may take place before there is an RFC available while the RFC provide more detail that a user might want. I am uncertain which is best so I raised this on the ipsecme WG list, which is responsible for IKEv2 maintenance, and I got the following. The question is mine, the response from Tero Kivinen.

> So, question.  What references should draft i2nsf-sdn point readers to
> for up-to-date information on algorithms (assuming that they do not
> track the IETF WG that updates information on IKEv2 ie like me)?

It should use IANA registry for the mapping between numbers,
algorithms and references; and then for algoritm implementation
requirements and usage guidance it should point to RFC8247 for IKEv2,
and to RFC8221 for ESP.

> Currently that is both a reference to the IANA registry and to an RFC;
> is that your best advice?

Yes.

So do as you are currently doing and I shall stop thinking about it.

Tom Petch