Re: Weekly curated news stories about IETF-related topics

Hi Greg,

Who is fact-checking this?

For example, in the archive I see:

"The HTTP Range Requests standard has been under discussion at the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for more than half a decade,..."

There is no such thing as the HTTP Range Requests standard. There is a draft "draft-ietf-httpbis-semantics" that replaced an earlier draft "draft-ietf-httpbis-range". Maybe one day the current draft will proceed through WG Last Call, AD review, IETF Last Call, and an IESG ballot, and finally be approved as a Proposed Standard. Or maybe not.

We constantly have to push back on claims that drafts are IETF standards; it's a bit disturbing when such false claims appear in our own output.

A bit further on I see "互联网工程任务组IETF主席的Brian E.Carpenter教授发表了". No, I can't suddenly read and write Chinese; this was translated with my permission from https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/InterOmnesNovasRete.html .

Apart from fact-checking, I think we need a prominent disclaimer on each edition that this is *not* information from the IETF and that is does *not* express the opinion of the IETF, ISOC, or anyone else in particular.

Regards
   Brian