Re: IETF Chair

Carsten,

>An interesting objective for the IETF chair would be to figure out how to do
>this, while also finding ways to waste less time and energy on contributors
>that receive plenty, unanimous advice why their proposal doesn’t work/help
>and then continue to bring the same thing up again and again. We probably
>need a few more circuit breakers.

What's needed is an automated nits checker for protocol parameters like is used with draft submission.  That would negate the need for all kinds of wasted time for the IESG, designated experts and arguments over RFC intent.  Plus new implementors wouldn't have to keep hearing the same explination on why it won't work over and over again :-)  Either it goes through or it doesn't.