Re: IETF Chair

I didn’t read the whole thing yet, but …

> “We need to make sure that anyone with an interesting idea for an Internet protocol will feel welcome to bring it forward, and continue to feel welcome even if their idea has already been considered and dropped.”

This has been an important objective for a while, and we’ll need to make sure we don’t alienate potential future (or present!) contributors while they are still in the process of learning a specific field.

An interesting objective for the IETF chair would be to figure out how to do this, while also finding ways to waste less time and energy on contributors that receive plenty, unanimous advice why their proposal doesn’t work/help and then continue to bring the same thing up again and again.  We probably need a few more circuit breakers.
Note that this is in the interest of those very contributors who might otherwise permanently damage their professional reputation.  Worse for the objectives of the IETF, others might see this happen and shy back from contributing ideas because "they don’t want to be like X” (which they aren’t as long as they are exhibiting signs of learning).

Grüße, Carsten