Newcomers 6 month guide to the IETF (comedy)

Feel free to add anything I'm missing.

***

Tell me why you think that, so we can 'improve' the document.  =  We will change the document in a way that you probably won't like.

Works in the Research department  =  Works to research anything that might be competitive or advantageous

We want to make sure we get security right =  Be sure you only have one page on your website because some of us are going to try to find a way in and figure out what you're up too.

Appeal agenda says 'record results of e-vote'  =   We don't actually vote. There is no voting.  We might tally up objections but we definitely don't vote.

We reject kings, Presidents, etc. =  We definitely have a hierarchy, in process and on paper.

Is not an expert or might be unaware =  Knows exactly what what you are talking about.

We're inclusive =  We have hundreds of ways for you to ask for permission.

We're inclusive =  We support policy changes from other organizations.

We're inclusive =  We will 'encoulture' you into the IETF if you're doing cool stuff without us (looking at you Nottingham, haha)

We're inclusive =  Until we boot you off the mailing list, just kidding, we put you back on the list.