Re: Contingency planning was Re: Egypt as the next venue.

I mean - apart from sarcastically re-litigating an ongoing debate that's been moved elsewhere, you have a point here - the discussion of the 3-per-year cadence is definitely on many people's minds.

Presumably today we will hear that we don't get even one night in Bangkok this year, and start preparing ourselves for another week of trying a set of experiments.

I expect that we'll be better at making interactions work this time around, simply through it not being so novel.  I know that if we have gather.town or similar, I for one will be more brashly walking up to anyone and trying to get their attention rather than waiting for social cues of invitation that I would normally notice in meatspace.

Bron.