Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Aug 16 14:36:38 2020

Warren and Rich,

Of course! My email was triggered by idle curiosity looking at the size of the messages in the list.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 1:12 PM Warren Kumari <warren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 12:23 PM Salz, Rich
<rsalz=40akamai.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does it matter about mail headers, etc.?  The point is to look at number of postings and relative size.  As long as all measurements are done at the same place, that's fine.

Indeed -- I think we need to make sure we are not losing sight of the
*purpose* of this -- I had always understood it to be a signal to the
top posters that they may be dominating the conversation, and to
consider taking a step back / deep breath and let others speak as
well.

I think that 5 long and considered posting are much much more helpful
(and certainly less harmful) than 25 really short back and forths. I
personally think that the "length" metric should be dropped, or is
just a "meh, 'tis easy to report, why not?!" sort of thing...

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf