Re: Terminology discussion threads

Melinda,

I want to apologize to you for the one message I regret posting, the one
where I said "... is credibility destroying".  What I should have said,
had I put more effort into it (I've put a lot of effort into most of my
posts) is that draft-knodel-terminology has references to scholarship
about master/slave and whitelist/blacklist, but none about master {key,
this, that, the other} which it doesn't even mention, and that the bare
minimum to make "master X" beyond the pale (when it's such a useful and
widely used construction) is what Mallory did for the others.

Melinda and others,

What I would like to do now, is offer a number of you a chance to have a
1-1 videochat.  I think email is not conducive to defusing charged
debate.  I hope you will take me up on it.  I've put a great deal of
effort into stating my position (which grants the leadership a great
deal of they wanted!) in as polite and professional a manner as I could.
It is distressing to see some you quit, and some of you even blame me
specifically.

Nico