Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Sun, Aug 09, 2020 at 11:05:57AM +0200, Nadim Kobeissi wrote:
> I don’t mean to be pedantic but I also wonder what is going to happen
> once this ideology hits the chess, Go (the board game) and Othello
> communities. These communities are centered around “black” and “white”
> pieces that quite literally fight for “domination” and “control” of a
> board in a zero-sum game.

It's already happened, kind of.

A few weeks ago @agadmator was doing a live stream on youtube with chess
GM Hikaru Nakamura, and mid-way through he got his account suspended
from doing live streams for seven days.  It seems very likely (well,
@agadmator himself speculated this in a later video) that youtube's AI
heard things like "... and after b6 and takes takes, white is simply
better than black, ..." and it triggered the AI.

Nico