Re: Disappointing take-up of Gather.Town

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020, at 12:49, Mark Andrews wrote:
If the virtual meeting follows the proposed 109 physical location timezone
residents of China will be fine.

And of Australia, wheee

Been up at ridiculous o’clock for meeting too much lately.  Stopping at 02:00
for me is fine provided I can get to sleep in to 09:00.  The latter hasn’t
actually worked for me this week.

This is why I stayed at an airbnb during the week where I was away from my family and could sleep in!  Thankfully that option has been available to me.

To get back on topic, I haven't had THAT many conversations in gather..town, but I have had a couple of great ones - it was really nice to drop past the registration desk and chat with our lovely secretariat, and I have stumbled across conversations with both people I already knew and a couple of times with people I didn't know.

I think the major thing missing is actually inside myself - I feel uncomfortable about just walking up to people in gather.town and barging into their conversations.  I expect I'm not alone in this experience, because the normal social cues are missing.  I expect I would have been welcome in more conversations if I'd just gone and joined them.

Bron ( though it's definitely tumbleweeds right now during the Australian afternoon )

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx