Re: Disappointing take-up of Gather.Town

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 06:56:23PM -0500, Adam Roach wrote:
> On 7/30/2020 1:58 PM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> > Maybe there is an algorithm to shift the IETF meeting times across the week
> > such different days favor different TZ attendees as opposed to now where
> > its always Europe happy, Ameria West Coast and China not happy.
>

> The current set up at least allows people to have some semblance of a
> consistent "night", even if it is shifted from the schedule of people around
> them -- basically, it's a single instance of jet lag. Changing the schedule
> to be different each day would be like imposing five separate instances of
> jet lag on everyone. I'm certain that would result in significantly less
> productive meetings.

Sure, we understand the goal. But i thought shift workers also don't
necessarily have 24-hour periodic schedules and that may turn out to be
better.

Total maximum system performance may also not be desirable if it
persistently penalizes one part of the communit group and favors another.

How about we make the next IETF start at 8 AM china time ?

E.g.: lots of more options to investigate.

Cheers
    toerless