Re: Appeal and IANA correspondence

>>The meaning is when a separator is used as a delimiter it must be chosen from >that set.

>I'm glad to see we both agree now.  Guess which separator I chose?

Sorry for not being clear.

The RFC is reserving special semantics *to itself* from that set.  “:” separates scheme, “#” indicates start of fragment and “?” indicates query-part. The text indicates that if characters from that set are used within the generic parts, they must be percent-encoded.

You couldn’t chose. You don’t have that choice.  The RFC is promising to other consumers that *only* these characters have special meaning, that meaning is described in this document. This is so some level of generic processing may occur.  Trying to separate the scheme component using anything else, is cherry-picking two lines of text and ignoring the rest of the RFC.

I don’t have anything else to add.  Take care.