Re: Appeal and IANA correspondence

Rich,

>Why is “drop:” unacceptable to you?
The RFC gave me a choice and I decided on the drop#.  I'm going to stick with it.

>Why do you think the syntax others have quoted does not apply?
I think ALL the syntax applies.  Why do you think others don't think mine applies?  because nobody has used it yet?  is that ossification?

>I said “you” because, as far as I know, you are the first person to contest this, >and certainly to contest it vehemently.
Somebody has to be first.

>I am trying to understand why the document is not clear so it can be improved.
The document is really very clear.

On July 29, 2020 at 10:59 AM "Salz, Rich" <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim,

Why is “drop:” unacceptable to you?  Why do you think the syntax others have quoted does not apply?  I said “you” because, as far as I know, you are the first person to contest this, and certainly to contest it vehemently. I am trying to understand why the document is not clear so it can be improved.