Re: Kudos to MeetEcho

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, at 14:08, Jay Daley wrote:
The final complicating factor is of course the complexity of IETF requirements - for example we require a system that dynamically recognises multiple roles via OIDC and grants permissions accordingly.

I am not sure where this requirement is derived from.  I have been to physical meetings in which there is no security guard standing in the room enforcing sitting requirements, and yet somehow the chairs of each session find themselves sitting at the desk out the front where the controls for the meeting are.

Given that you need a valid datatracker login, a "don't do that again" for the first misbehaviour and a denial of access for repeat offense would be enough.

I'd be in favour of having a mode switch from "regular participant" to "admin mode" that mirrors the process of deliberately sitting in the chair seats rather than the participant seats - just so people don't make accidental UI mistakes with those admin controls. - but beyond that it appears that the dynamic role permissions system is a level of top-down control that we don't normally impose on our physical sessions.

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd