Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

>     It is difficult to determine which of the two opinions about slang
    and contractions is true.

Let's compare the two.

    >>More to the point, educated people will use the slang and
    >>contractions when they are attempting to convince and win over
    >>people they believe to be uneducated or inferior.

This says everyone.

    >Not all.  Sometimes we are trying to establish a rapport by using

This  says some do not.

>   The usual response, in the IETF, is that a complainant could assume
    that the action (or content of a message) was in good faith.  I asked
    someone else to review a few messages (unrelated to this
    thread).  The messages were described as condescending.

One person, with no knowledge of the context or authors?

Do you think I am condescending?