Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On 7/26/20 3:15 PM, Salz, Rich wrote:
Dan, it seems that your post says "I worked hard and nothing deterred me, therefore nobody else who really wants it should be deterred,

  In a word: no. That's not what it said. Everyone can be deterred but if they are not deterred by hard work, sacrifice, and delayed gratification then they're not
going to be deferred by a mean word. That's the point. It beggars belief.

therefore people who believe that it is possible must be using this theory of residual fallacy."  Your post only holds if your experience is applicable to everyone, and it's not, so no you didn't convince me.

  The thing is Rich, I'm not the one trying to tell anyone else what words they cannot use. So the burden of convincing is not on me. You seem to think that there are words that we must not use in RFCs anymore. So the burden is actually on you.
Go ahead, convince me. I'll wait.

  Dan.