Re: USA dominion: Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

(I've intentionally not been reading the several threads about the
potential wording/vocabulary changes.. but I did read some of the
thread, this particular jumped out at me)

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 12:15 AM Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 06:22:32PM -0500, Mary B wrote:
> > You might also want to consider that it isn't just a US majority, it's a
> > white male US majority, which is also an issue IMHO.   The same applies for
> > WG chairs etc.  Indeed, I would posit that the lack of diversity when it
> > comes to gender is also a huge issue with the organization.
>
> Lets stay on topic (or open another thread):

I feel like this came off in a manner that Toerless didn't mean for it
to... Like
asking Mary to 'be quiet' (or some other similar version of that). I'm hopeful
that this was not the aim of the remark.

I think Mary's point actually is on topic? Whether the part of
'diversity' you all
are discussing is racial, gender or orientation. it's all the same
sort of problem,
the folk making decisions about the direction of the
community/organization should
be representative of both the local IETF community and the wider
Internet community
if possible. Taking measures to help ensure that seems like a reasonable action.

-chris