Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On 7/24/20 1:15 PM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> You think it is not only unavoidable, but also fine if over time we have to periodically
> change the word we use for the same subject because word N-1 has accumulated to much
> negative connotations ?

I'm old enough to have seen these sorts of acceptability shifts happen
in English a few times, and my sense is that it happens roughly once or
twice per generation.  I think that argument is a red herring.

Melinda

--
Melinda Shore
melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx