Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:12:12PM -0700,
 Carrick Bartle <cbartle891=40icloud.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 33 lines which said:

> I think we can all agree that slavery is bad, right? So why should
> we even allude to it in technical documents?

It is bad for humans but, in RFCs, we are talking about network
entities, software. To take another example, we all agree that killing
humans is bad, yet we don't hesitate to kill a runaway program, for
instance. That's because human rights apply... to humans only, not to
processes.