Re: Challenge: Re: Challenge: was Re: Updated Nomcom 2020-2021: Result of random selection process

Hi Sam,
At 04:45 AM 14-07-2020, Samuel Weiler wrote:
The list at [1] also includes Henrik as a tools team advisor.

Yes.

One might presume that the NomCom chair intends to propose both additional advisors to the NomCom according to the usual process in section 4.3 of RFC8713. It is odd to see them announced before the voting memebers of NomCom are seated.

Yes.

It is interesting how the number of non-voting NomCom members has grown over time. This list has nine(!) non-voting members, and that is before the voting members have been seated and potentially added more. NomCom 2019 had 8. NomCom 2018 had 7. NomCom 2017 had 6. NomComs 2016 and 2015 each had only 5. [2]

Yes.

I don't remember which title was used previously for the tools side.

If I were a voting member of this NomCom, I would be concerned about being overwhelmed by advisors, particularly since the advisors get a vote on procedural matters, including the removal of voting NomCom members.

I did not know that advisors are allowed to vote on procedural matters. It is like anticipating the decisions of a Nomination Committee by adding advisors before the Nomination Committee is selected.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy