Re: Challenge: Re: Challenge: was Re: Updated Nomcom 2020-2021: Result of random selection process

Hi Toerless,
At 08:53 PM 13-07-2020, Toerless Eckert wrote:
I disagree with this characterization. I am challenging the announced result
from NomCom chair in the same way as you originally did. I understand the
escalation process.

RFC 8713 (Section 4.17) allows any member to challenge the results of the random selection. My interpretation is that it is within your rights to challenge the announced results.

I don't understand the reasoning behind "the random selection should have been done with..." as that was not provided in the "resolution" email.

There is a special past-past chair advisor. The explanation for that is "this year is so strange". Making such an appointment was not discussed during the evaluation of the document which was published as RFC 8788. There isn't any information about which rule(s) was used to make that appointment.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy