From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Michael StJohns
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:57 PM
To: STARK, BARBARA H <bs7652@xxxxxxx>; 'ietf@xxxxxxxx' <ietf@xxxxxxxx>; 'NomCom Chair 2020' <nomcom-chair-2020@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Challenge: was Re: Updated Nomcom 2020-2021: Result of random selection process

On 7/13/2020 3:50 PM, STARK, BARBARA H wrote:

I’m resolving this challenge as follows:

The random selections should have been done with Luigi’s affiliation listed as “Huawei”. We will be proceeding with the outcome that would have resulted from the selection being done with the correct affiliation.

That result is

65. Dirk Kutscher, University of Applied Sciences Emden/Leer

114. Ketan Jivan Talaulikar, Cisco Systems, India

127. Christopher Wood, Cloudflare

38. Xuesong Geng, Huawei

121. Rüdiger Volk, no affiliation

86. Gabriel Montenegro, Independent

18. Pablo Camarillo, Cisco Systems

58. LUIGI IANNONE, Huawei

13. Chris Bowers, Juniper Networks

94. Tony Przygienda, Juniper

Disqualified selections are noted below:

96. Reshad Rahman, Cisco (Maximum Number of 2 for Cisco reached) - 10th in randomness order

85. Tal Mizrahi, Huawei (Maximum Number of 2 for Huawei reached) - 11th in randomness order

Luigi has already expressed his willingness to serve.

I’ll be posting this update to the Announcement list.

I realize this won’t make everyone happy. I also realize there is no solution that would make everyone happy. However, this is the exact result presented by the previously advertised random selection process. There had been an offer by Luigi to step aside *iff* that would have resulted in Tal being allowed to serve. Since this would not result in Tal being allowed to serve, Luigi is not stepping aside.

Thanks to all who advised me in this decision.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara - I consider this challenge resolved to my satisfaction.   Mike