Re: Challenge: was Re: Updated Nomcom 2020-2021: Result of random selection process

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 05:44:34PM -0700, Joseph Touch wrote:

> > On Jul 10, 2020, at 5:28 PM, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think Mike did a good job in confusing the facts, and maybe the
> > explanations from NomCom
>
> IMO, Mike is correct.
>
> I think the intent here is simple: there aren???t Huawei slots; when someone from a given company steps out, that doesn???t mean someone from that company steps in.

Of course not, but:
On which planet did this happen ?
How do you come to interpret what happened in that way ?
Luigi declined to serve. Thats all.

What am i overlooking here ?

> The right thing is to re-run the process and see what the result is.

rfc3797  section 5.1, paragraph 3.

> Otherwise, as is being seen, one person can ???game??? who is on the committee. That???s exactly what the detailed automated process is intended to prevent.

And if 99% of NomCom qualified people are from one company,
we can't build a NomCom. Please do not use ridiculous theories
to justify changes in process or mishandling of the existing
rules.

Toerless

--
---