Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

Hi,

> On 10. Jun 2020, at 02:13, Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> That’s one way of interpreting it.  The other is that we have always charged
> an in-person meeting fee and now that the entire meeting has moved online, the
> fee has moved online with it and where previously we had a special mechanism
> of remote participation for certain groups of people, we now have a special
> mechanism of fee waivers targeted at those who are most affected.

Remote participations were not capped when physical meetings were possible
IIRC, while fee waivers are now capped to 100 with the new online mode. This
leaves an impression that the IETF is now less inclusive than it used to be.

— Vaibhav

Vaibhav Bajpai, www.vaibhavbajpai.com