Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

>    Remote participations were not capped when physical meetings were possible
    IIRC, while fee waivers are now capped to 100 with the new online mode. This
    leaves an impression that the IETF is now less inclusive than it used to be.

>From Jay's email of 1 June, please note:
> The choice of 100 fee waivers was based on conversations with sponsors who want to fund the fee waivers specifically.  It was not chosen on any assessment of the potential need.

IMO it is important to quantify the need, which is why I have asked for a report out on the numbers during the upcoming IETF LLC board meeting. The IETF community's views & discussion of this may change if we learn there are only 5 waiver requests vs. 500 requests.

Jason (LLC hat on but not an official LLC board statement)