RE: Change in IPR policies

Hello again,

>> - The check box says "without IETF’s prior written consent"
>> so perhaps the IETF would care to grant that wholesale
>> and now.
>
> As I said, I will get that corrected.

Thanks. I'll wait to see that before commenting further.

>>- Does this mean that audio streaming will no longer happen?
>>  If so, I really (really, really) hope that Webex is going to let me
>>  join multiple simultaneous meetings so that I can easily skip in
>>  and out of the audio when I have an agenda clash. (I do also
>>  wonder, in this case, how we support people with platforms
>>  that can't run Webex in any of its forms.)
>
> Audio streaming is not supported for the same reason that audio
> streaming + open jabber rooms effectively allows participation
> without registration.
>
> The platform for IETF 108 will be Meetecho not WebEx

My mistake.

> do you have the same concerns with that or are your concerns
> more generally about people participating from places where
> the cost of bandwidth is an issue for video?

I am not limited to one concern 😊

However, what I was asking about was:

1. Can I run multiple streams at once on one laptop (without setting up multiple VMs)? I suspect that I can do this with Meetecho, but I'd like to know for sure that the technology will support it and there won't be any gates that prevent my magic registration ID being in two parallel sessions at the same time.

2. Are there any assumptions about the platform that a user must have access to in order to run Meetecho and so participate? In particular, have we raised the bar to participation over simple audio streaming?

Appreciate what you're doing to try to sort all of this out.

Best,
Adrian