Re: Consultation on *revised* IETF LLC Draft Strategic Plan 2020

Hiya,

On 03/06/2020 18:19, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> This I don't agree on. Although the precise composition of the I*
> changes, my experience is that there actually is a fair amount of
> strategic continuity (for instance, it's not like when new ADs come
> in they just shut down all the work their predecessors approved).

That's probably fair. However, it's not written down and
hence is liable to being very easily misunderstood, so is
not something from which the LLC can usefully extrapolate.
IOW, there is no definite e.g. IESG strategy as previously
stated.

The LLC can absolutely chat with e.g. the IESG-de-jure at
their retreat or whatever and see what that relates to the
IESG is good or bad about the LLC's plans for the year
ahead, but having the LLC try figure that out based on
divination, or, and perhaps worse, only talking to a few
incumbent ADs, isn't IMO a good plan.

Cheers,
S.