Re: Rebooked venues selected for IETF 112, IETF 117, and IETF 120 meetings

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 1:52 PM Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 8:30 PM George Michaelson <ggm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My only concern is that the ESTA/CBP barriers to entry for IETF
> participants who have travel issues to the USA remain. We are in
> effect normalising US foreign policy discrimination against IETF
> participation F2F

It seems that putting a meeting back in the US is really not something
the IETF should do... not until the current problems (virus, <internal
strife>, external restrictions> are fixed... I don't think we(ietf)
should be concerned about the potential loss on the SF site
deposits/etc...
[MB] Do you really think you/we can judge what things will be like over 3 years from now?    What specifically does the virus have to do with whether or not we have a meeting in the US in 3 years?    There's nothing to say that other countries won't have other restrictions of various sorts in 3 years time.  Personally, I think these changes are just perfect.   If the meeting was moved to 2021, then maybe the concerns are valid, but not 2023.  [/MB]