Re: Registration details for IETF 108

Howdy,

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 2:05 PM Pete Resnick <resnick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No. I'm arguing that the move from zero to non-zero ought
> be an IESG decision, based on community discussion. That's
> not only because it might exclude people but also because
> such changes can have longer term and subtle effects.

Yep. Ted, would your opinion be different if the LLC chose to move from
zero to non-zero for sending email to mailing lists?

I think you're asking a different question than the one Stephen and I disagree about ("What do I think of this policy") rather than ("Who is the stuckee for making this type of policy"?).  To answer the question you asked, if any body in IETF leadership tried to make it the policy of the IETF to charge for sending mail to mailing lists, I would oppose that specific policy.

I think my answer to Steven is pretty clear on the question you didn't ask; let me know if you disagree.

Ted

pr
--
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best