Re: On IETF funding from the Internet Society (was Re: News about the Internet Society and PIR.)

On 8/05/2020, at 3:40 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jason,
At 07:22 AM 07-05-2020, Livingood, Jason wrote:
I know Andrew knows this (as well as ISOC Board & CFO) but FYI for other here -- the initial LLC agreement with ISOC set financial support for fiscal years 2019 and 2020. The agreement says we are to negotiate a longer-term agreement this year. That requires some long-term financial forecasting from the LLC but obviously COVID19 has complicated that task. I am confident we'll sort out something satisfactory in due course. :-)

Thank you for the above information.  I was a bit curious about how the Public Interest Registry issue might impact on IETF LLC revenue.

It should not have any impact at all.

 I understand that the potential fallout from the pandemic can complicate matters.  I am part of a committee which does finance monitoring.  I might be reassured once I see the numbers.  I could be wrong on this; the potential drop in revenue could be around $2.3 million.  Is there a report about that?

We have full epidemic/pandemic insurance for 2020 which has been invoked for IETF 107 and may be needed for later meetings.  It is too early to know if our claim will be accepted and to what level, but the intent of the insurance is to ensure there is no financial loss from this crisis.

Jay

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

--