Re: Marking TCP/UDP Port 109 as "Historic"

Again, ports are not deprecated. They’re deassigned (at most) but wouldn’t be reused until we run out anyway.

Ports do have informal notes; there’s nothing bad (or worthwhile either, IMO) about updating those notes. It’s fine to add and easy enough if someone wants to waste their time.

However, that should not imply also transferring ownership to the IETF. That’s a separate step that IMO should be handled on a case-by-case basis as needed. We should entertain a process change in bulk ONLY after the IETF *demonstrates* that the load of per-case changes is too high.

Right now, the load of considering the change is itself too high, IMO.

Joe