Re: On IETF funding from the Internet Society (was Re: News about the Internet Society and PIR.)

On 5/2/20, 2:25 PM, "ietf on behalf of Andrew Sullivan" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of sullivan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The LLC agreement committed ISOC to an interim contribution
    of $5M/year with the expectation that the amount would be recalculated
    after things had started up and an understanding that the IETF might
    well be looking for more support.

I know Andrew knows this (as well as ISOC Board & CFO) but FYI for other here -- the initial LLC agreement with ISOC set financial support for fiscal years 2019 and 2020. The agreement says we are to negotiate a longer-term agreement this year. That requires some long-term financial forecasting from the LLC but obviously COVID19 has complicated that task. I am confident we'll sort out something satisfactory in due course. :-)

Jason
(IETF LLC hat on)