Re: national security

At 05:12 05/12/03, Franck Martin wrote:
On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 15:32, jfcm wrote:
> Paul,
> 1. all this presumes that the root file is in good shape and has not been
> tampered.
>      How do you know the data in the file you disseminate are not polluted
> or changed?
Because somebody will complain... ;)

Dear Franck,
I am afraid you are right. This leaves however a few questions such as:
1. what/who does say he is right?
2. he complains to who?
3. and then what?
4. if a decision is taken how the pollution will be corrected? Just waiting for ttl (and may be people or businesses) to die?
5. who will the hurt parties sue?
6. are they insurred?
7. who pays for the insurrance?
etc.

I understand last time somebody complained, he called Ira Magaziner and they solved the case in calling on Joe Sims and subsequently creating ICANN.
jfc