Re: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department formally adopts IPv6)

> > they would switch if they had alternatives available.  but people
> > like you keep claiming that alternatives aren't needed because the
> > market has spoken.
>
> Nonsense. I'd love to see an alternative. Obviously, NATS have costs
> and a solution that reduced those costs would be better. What
> alternative, exactly, are you offering?

6to4 is one.  and before Christian wrote his shipworm/teredo proposal I
had my own proposal to tunnel v6 over v4+NAT.   there's also my draft
describing my best effort to produce a mechanism that would allow v4
apps to tolerate NATs and still have general connectivity.  (I tried,
but it turns out that it's far easier to support 6to4 and/or teredo)

so it's not like I haven't actually been working on solving the problem.

Keith