Re: CLOSE ASRG NOW IT HAS FAILED

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:

> My understanding is that The Mail Archive
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/lists.html)  will provide free storage for
> mailing lists.  I think every WG list should be permanetly archived in
> this manner.

What a great way to help address harvesters ... one site ... one 'API' to
program against to harvest many valid addresses. This particular archive
example hides email addresses, but it took me less that 5 minutes to
determine how to recover addresses from the page data.

So I don't think the suggested policy is a good idea without much more
effective blocking of access to email addresses.

Dave Morris