Re: A simple question

Thus spake "Keith Moore" <moore@cs.utk.edu>
> >   | site local is, in fact, an addition to the IP architecture and
> >   | that is what is causing the controversy.
> >
> > No, it isn't.   It is a cleaned up replacement for 1918 addresses.
>
> which by itself is reason enough to kill it.

I detest NAT and private addresses nearly as much as you do, but the simple
matter is that many, if not most, people are going to continue using these
technologies with IPv6 whether the IETF standardizes it or not.

Today, NAT is a solution to political and business problems, even if IPv6
fixes the technical problems NAT was originally invented to solve.  The IETF
cannot eliminate these political and business problems by fiat, nor can it
prevent vendors from selling IPv6 NAT devices.

You are fighting the good fight, but you will surely lose nonetheless.