Re: MUST/SHOULD and related terminology

At 02:35 PM 8/21/2002 +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
>I seem to remember that there is also some terminology
>for implementations, in particular some terms for
>1) implementations that do all the MUSTs, but not necessarily more
>2) implementations that do all the MUSTs and all the SHOULDs

per RFC 1122:

          An implementation is not compliant if it fails to satisfy one
          or more of the MUST requirements for the protocols it
          implements.  An implementation that satisfies all the MUST and
          all the SHOULD requirements for its protocols is said to be
          "unconditionally compliant"; one that satisfies all the MUST
          requirements but not all the SHOULD requirements for its
          protocols is said to be "conditionally compliant".