Re: AD review: draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03

Ted,

On 4 Mar 2011, at 16:43, Eddie Kohler wrote:

> Larry,

who?

> Probably I should have said "correct" or "common".  Nevertheless, you are
> wrong; technical writing is itself an idiom ("the language peculiar to a
> people or to a district, community, or class").

That definition is for a dialect - which idiom can be a synonym for.

Technical writing is, in general, the deliberate absence of idioms or
colloquialisms where possible - and when they are used, they are often
explicitly defined. Expressing a preference for the more
idiomatic form goes against that.

> Eddie
>

> On 3/4/11 7:41 AM, L.Wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> idiomatic text should be avoided in technical writing.

Lloyd Wood
L.Wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood