AD review: draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03

Hi,

below is my AD review for draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-03. Basically, the document is ready to progress, modulo a few minor issues. Mostly, they are about using more RFC2119 terms in Section 3 to clarify operation. Check if that makes sense, and also check if there are other instances where a similar rewording would add clarity.

Lars

INTRODUCTION, paragraph 3:
> Abstract

  The draft header indicates that this document updates RFC4342/RFC5622,
  but the abstract doesn't seem to mention this, which it should.

Section 10.3, paragraph 0:
>    than 4 can not be determined: such samples have to be discarded.

  Nit: s/can not/cannot/

Section 10.3, paragraph 4:
>    for example, uses a fixed value of 1 second when it can not obtain an

  Nit: s/can not/cannot/

Section 2.2.2., paragraph 1:
>    Since a loss event is defined as one or more lost (ECN-marked) data
>    packets in one RTT ([RFC5348], 5.2), the receiver needs accurate RTT
>    estimates to validate and accurately separate loss events.

  I think you mean "(or ECN-marked)" here, right? (The sentence could be
  misread as "and ECN-marked.)

Section 3.2.1., paragraph 6:
>    Column meanings are as per [RFC4340], section 5.8 (table 3).  This
>    option is permitted in any DCCP packet, has option number XX and a
>    length of 3-5 bytes.

  s/is permitted/MAY be placed/ (or some other way to use a RFC2119
  term?)

Section 3.2.2., paragraph 7:
>    The column meanings are described in [RFC4340], section 6.4.  In
>    particular, the feature is by default off (initial value of 0), and
>    the extension is not required to be understood by every DCCP
>    implementation (cf. [RFC4340], section 15).

  So it is OPTIONAL to implement? Can you use an RFC2119 term for
  clarity?

Section 3.4., paragraph 3:
>    Until the first numeric RTT option arrives, the receiver uses a value
>    of 0.5 seconds for receiver_RTT (to match the initial 2 second
>    timeout of the TFRC nofeedback timer, [RFC5348], 4.2).

  s/uses/MUST use/ (?)

Section 3.4., paragraph 5:
>    The sender is permitted to occasionally send no-number RTT options,
>    covering for transient changes and spurious disruptions.  During
>    these times, the receiver continues to use its long-term receiver_RTT
>    value.

  s/is permitted to/MAY/ and s/continues to/MUST continue to/ (or some
  other way to use a RFC2119 term?)

Section 3.4., paragraph 6:
>    To avoid that the long-term estimate at the receiver drifts in such a
>    way that it under-estimates the RTT, a simple back-off scheme is
>    employed:

  s/is employed/MUST be employed/ and maybe s/the simple/the following
  simple/ (?)

Section 6.2., paragraph 19:
>          - removed recommendation of preferring long-term RTT stamples,

  Nit: s/stamples,/samples,/

Section 6.2., paragraph 20:
>          since this can not be generalized (connection may be short or

  Nit: s/can not/cannot/