Re: New interim version Service Codes I-D rev-05x (This will eventually be -05)

Thanks Colin,

Both of these comments will be used to update the version that I post.

Gorry

Colin Perkins wrote:
Hi gorry,

On 20 Mar 2008, at 13:45, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

I've updated the SC draft in-line with the various inputs. Since there were many comments - and some of these conflicted, I have made an interim version at:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/dccp/SC/

Please do look and see if this version corrects the issues, and tell me of any remaining or new issues.

A couple of minor issues:

- Section 1.1, top of page 6, grammar: "No protocols issues arise from a port being associated with two Service Codes, each bound to different applications does not raise any protocol issues."

- Section 3.3.1, second bullet point: rather than MUST reject the connection with reason "Bad Service Code", it may be appropriate to suggest that servers SHOULD reject the connection with reason "Bad Service Code", but MAY use the reason "Connection Refused". Requiring a Bad Service Code response allows an information leak - something is listening on the port - which some servers may wish to avoid.

Cheers,