Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-faster-restart-03.txt

On 7/24/07, Sally Floyd <sallyfloyd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have started work on implementing this for Linux now.

Oh good.   You should take note of the bugfix in the slides, at
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/fasterstart-jul07.pdf, .ppt

Yes I saw that, thanks.

The current inclination of the authors is to ditch the ping during
idle intervals, so if you have any feedback, that would be great.

Yes I agree - pings make the implementation much more complex. I'm not
intending to implement them.

The big need for Faster Restart is simulations/experiments to
make sure that the burden imposed by the extra aggressiveness
does not lead to any completely dire consequences during times
of high congestion (e.g., when everyone is bursty, everyone has idle
periods, and everyone is using Faster Restart...)

My tests probably won't be so much in this area. More around the area
- does it help with media after times of idle, where currently they
get hit hard. Others can use the code, of course, to do their own
experiments.

Take care,
- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/