Re: DCCP voice quality experiments

* Eddie Kohler | 2006-09-23 16:09:33 [-0700]:

>TCP-BIC is a nonstandard TCP modification with significantly more
>aggressive behavior.  Whether or not CCID3 gets less than TCP-BIC gives no
>information on fairness.  Maybe TFRC gets less than its fair share, maybe
>TCP-BIC gets MORE than its fair share, probably both.  The fairness gold
>standard at the moment is the most aggressive currently IETF-standardized
>TCP variant, which is SACK+LT+etc.  CCID3 should not get less than SACK+LT
>under the same conditions.

Some days ago on linux netdev maillinglist, Douglas Leith posted
experimental study results for some TCP congestion control algorithms.
Scalable-TCP, HS, BIC, FAST and the like.

I post this here because of the fair-share problematic. Maybe this is a
interesting paper for some dccp subscribers.

>Eddie

HGN

--
Linux forces a brain to configure
Windows forces a brain-damaged configuration