Re: ThinkVantage key on ThinkPad X61

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> I think you just need to tell X.org to add the thinkpad-acpi event
> device as a keyboard, and things should work.  I have this in my
> xorg.conf:

Neat!  But it doesn't quite work right.  :-(  I added the lines you
suggested, plus the following line in my "ServerLayout" section:

	InputDevice    "ThinkPad hot keys"

Now the ThinkVantage key generates X KeyPress and KeyRelease events.
However, the key is reported as keycode 112, mapped to KP_Divide (keysym
0xffaf).  The main keyboard generates the same keycode when NumLock is
on and I press the "/" numeric keypad key.  If they are both producing
the same keycode, then using xmodmap to change one will change the other
too.  That's not very useful.

OK, so.  We're getting key press events, but with an unhelpful keycode.
  Where is this going wrong?