Re: patch to add readonly support for T60 wireless killswitch

Am Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:28:53 -0200
schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> 1. It shows the state of the physical switch.

Not more and not less.

> 2. It does not show the state of the hardware radio-kill signal: if
> the BIOS is set to "Radio off",

true

> the IPW hardware will still return bit 1 set on rf_kill (i.e.
> hardware radio-kill line active) regardless of the physical switch
> position and GSTS value.

from the ipw3945 manual:
  0 = RF kill not enabled (radio on)
  1 = SW based RF kill active (radio off)
  2 = HW based RF kill active (radio off)
  3 = Both HW and SW RF kill active (radio off)

If ipw3945 is loaded while the HW switch is active the interface will
not even be created. Hence no rf_kill in /sys/class/net/.

> I'd also like to know how it relates to bluetooth.

Bluetooth is disconnected from usb when activating the HW switch. The
switch does not change the acpi state of bluetooth.

Henning