Re: Some basic questions

To install kernel headers from your own kernel tree:

 . first build them  -
    #  assuming current working dir is the top of your kernel build
INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$PWD/usr make headers_install
should create a subdirectory path usr/include containing directories such as linux video sound asm asm-generic and others

. then cd to /usr/include and, for each directory in <kernel>/usr/include, first rename the one in /usr/include, then copy (or symlink it if it will always be accessible) the one under the kernel tree.