Re: detection usb camera devices in my own application

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 22:32, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Kay Sievers wrote:
>
>> This is a rather old, but still almost valid example of a
>> full-hotplug-support program handling video devices:
>>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/13925
>
> Kay, you undoubtedly didn't see the earlier messages from Sudarshan.
> They said that he wanted to enumerate these video devices even when the
> corresponding video driver wasn't loaded.  I'm not sure that this
> really makes sense, but that's what he asked.

I see. Yeah, I only see your messages. :)

The example to hook into hotplug events and enumerate existing devices
should still work the same way by subscribing to subsytem:"usb",
devtype:"usb_device" events instead of the "video4linux" ones. All
usual properties of the device can just be retrieved with libudev.

>> (I still can see only Alan's mails. Alan, you are the HTML-filter? :))
>
> Apparently so.  :-)  I did tell Sudarshan not to send HTML-formatted
> messages to the mailing list.

Right, all html messages are rejected at the receiving smtp server,
they never reach kernel.org.

Kay