Re: UDEV : ASUS Laptop G73S MultiCard Reader

That is because this is a different device, and it says it is a
vendor-specific protocol, which will not work with the usb-storage
driver, sorry.

I Disagree with most of what u suggest.

Who knows what vendor specific means. And you really wont know until you try. Which is why there are tables to handle Unusual Devices.

At this time there is a realtek driver in the latest kern code. I would like to load up this driver when usb-core detects this device.

Right now, I have not found the udev rule for loading up usb-storage.

So where are the udev system specs

BTW: is there a way to disable, and enable the device? Since this usb device is internal, if I have too many "printk" or DBG messages at boot-up time, it tends to overflow the rsyslogd daemon.

btw#2 where is this forum? All one sees in the written docs is to email questions, rather than post questions to a forum.