Re: UDEV : ASUS Laptop G73S MultiCard Reader

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 08:00:55AM -0400, Postmaster wrote:
> my laptop comes with an internal Realtek card reader (
> vendor=0x0bda, product=0x0139 )
>
> It is not recognized by udevd.
>
> The bInterface class is 255, which I think is wrong ( should be 8
> for mass storage device, i think )

If so, that's the device problem, nothing you can do from the kernel, or
from udev, to change that.  See the USB spec for details.

> Right now the kern does not assign this device to usb-storage.
> The realtek driver is nice, but the product id of 0x0138 does not
> match this productid 0f 0x0139.

That is because this is a different device, and it says it is a
vendor-specific protocol, which will not work with the usb-storage
driver, sorry.

greg k-h